Finance Manager | USA
Accounting & Finance
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Reduce inequity by helping immigrants move money home by becoming the leading cross-border fintech for immigrants.
-> Founded by Harvard grads / 3rd-time founders --- also founded Segovia (successful exit) and GiveDirectly (>300M revenue, fastest-growing NGO).
-> Top performers from top and varied organizations (e.g., Bain, Bolt, Google, McKinsey, SafeBoda, Uber, Zipline) --- we like moving fast, and we hire people that do as well.
-> Driven by mission, guided by values (see below) – in deed, not just word.
-> Team as global as the mission, >30 languages from 25 countries (i.e., if you’re interested in learning to make Chicken Moambe, we’re the place).
Taptap Send is backed by top VCs (Spark, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital, etc.), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words or TechCrunch article
Launched in 2019, Taptap is tapping into a transformative shift in global finance: from banks to phones. While this has affected wealthier countries as well, it has been nothing short of a revolution for the emerging markets where the overwhelming majority of population had been unable to access digital finance previously. Its first product, Taptap Send, allows immigrants to send money home instantly and with no fee*, saving money in the process. With a formal market size of >700B alone, we’ve got a lot more saving to do for our users. And that’s just the beginning….
Spark Capital, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital (Jim Breyer), Unbound (Shravin Mittal), Wamda (Fadi Ghandour), Firstminute Capital, Slow Ventures (Sam Lessin), Helios Partners (Souleymane Ba), Crossbeam Ventures (Ali Hamed), Nikesh Arora, Samih Toukan, and many other context-specific angels
*We charge fees for transfers on fixed exchange rate corridors (e.g., XOF, XAF).
As a Finance team we split duties geographically, with each Finance Manager responsible for the financial reporting and tax compliance obligations for a specific region.
Reporting into the Group Financial Controller and with direct exposure to the Finance Director and CFO, the US Finance Manager will play a crucial role in our organization, taking ownership of the financial reporting and tax compliance activities for our US entities. They will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of financial data, maintaining compliance with US tax regulations, and proactively identifying opportunities to optimize financial processes.
With ownership of a wide range of reporting responsibilities for US entities and a globally distributed Finance team, being a strong project manager and communicator will be critical for success in this role.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role in our financial operations within the US market. If you are a dedicated and driven finance professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment, has prior experience working in a US financial reporting team and is looking to take ownership in your next role, we look forward to receiving your application.
- Manage and maintain the US entity balance sheet and income statement
- Oversee the preparation of timely and accurate financial reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead our US entity audits, serving as primary point of contact for auditors and delivering from planning through to signing.
- Monitor and analyze financial performance, providing insights and recommendations to the management team.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and company accounting policies
- Collaborate with global finance teams to ensure alignment and consistency in financial reporting practices
- Act as the primary point of contact for the US entities for financial reporting and tax-related inquiries from internal stakeholders and regulatory authorities
- Coordinate with external tax advisors to complete tax filings accurately and on time.
- Handle all aspects of US federal and state tax reporting, including corporate income tax, sales tax, and other applicable taxes.
- Continuously review and enhance financial reporting processes, seeking opportunities to streamline operations and improve efficiency.
- Implement best practices and automation tools to optimize financial data analysis and reporting.
- Minimum 4 years post-qualified CPA
- Prior experience in a Finance team with a focus on US tax compliance and reporting
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, ensuring the accuracy of financial reports and tax filings.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate a proactive and solution-oriented approach.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office or Google Suite applications (Excel, GSheets, etc)
- Experience with Netsuite is desirable
- Experience working with big data and using data visualisation tools (Mode, Looker, PowerBi) is desirable
Win with grit.
Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
Love the particular.
Create positive energy.
Maybe, even have fun.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Taptap Send is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment decisions are decided on the basis of qualifications, experience and business need. We strongly encourage applications who are members of underrepresented communities to apply.
If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to let us know. Any information you provide us in this respect will only be used to accommodate your requirements.
Note: we recognize imposter syndrome is real - any candidate that does not perfectly fit every characteristic of this role is still strongly encouraged to apply.