Senior Growth Manager, Mexico | USA (California, New York, Texas)
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, December 8, 2023
Reduce inequity by helping immigrants move money home by becoming the leading cross-border fintech for immigrants.
-> Founded by Harvard grads / 3rd-time founders --- also founded Segovia (successful exit) and GiveDirectly (>300M revenue, fastest-growing NGO).
-> Top performers from top and varied organizations (e.g., Bain, Bolt, Google, McKinsey, SafeBoda, Uber, Zipline) --- we like moving fast, and we hire people that do as well.
-> Driven by mission, guided by values (see below) – in deed, not just word.
-> Team as global as the mission, >30 languages from 25 countries (i.e., if you’re interested in learning to make Chicken Moambe, we’re the place).
Taptap Send is backed by top VCs (Spark, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital, etc.), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words or TechCrunch article
Launched in 2019, Taptap is tapping into a transformative shift in global finance: from banks to phones. While this has affected wealthier countries as well, it has been nothing short of a revolution for the emerging markets where the overwhelming majority of population had been unable to access digital finance previously. Its first product, Taptap Send, allows immigrants to send money home instantly and with no fee*, saving money in the process. With a formal market size of >700B alone, we’ve got a lot more saving to do for our users. And that’s just the beginning….
Spark Capital, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital (Jim Breyer), Unbound (Shravin Mittal), Wamda (Fadi Ghandour), Firstminute Capital, Slow Ventures (Sam Lessin), Helios Partners (Souleymane Ba), Crossbeam Ventures (Ali Hamed), Nikesh Arora, Samih Toukan, and many other context-specific angels
*We charge fees for transfers on fixed exchange rate corridors (e.g., XOF, XAF).
Your role will be to coordinate the launch and operation of TTS in the US-Mexico corridor with other responsibilities supporting other Latin American corridors as needed (Guatemala/Honduras/El Salvador/Dominican Republic). You will work to continue launching TTS within the Mexican community in the United States and build a comprehensive growth strategy for the corridor. You will conduct customer research; execute partnerships and events; set up offline and online advertising campaigns; measure operational efficiency and financials for the corridor; manage customer CRM; provide CS teams input into strategies for the market; work with Product and Ops to ensure high success rate and low latency and source and direct community ambassadors and influencers.
The role offers the chance to join an early-stage, high growth startup and to have a positive impact on the communities we serve. You will be expected to have deep knowledge of, and networks into, the community, a passion to support your community, and an entrepreneurial spirit, great interpersonal skills, and superb project management.
- Build trust-based relationships with diaspora communities through in-person and online communication
- Conduct customer research with transfer senders on a regular basis
- Initiate, negotiate and build partnerships with community associations and organizations
- Set up offline and online advertising campaigns
- Source and lead community ambassadors and influencers
- Manager agencies for Paid, Creatives, Events
- Manage customers CRM
- Optimize Operations with help from Product, Ops and Eng teams
- Own P&L for your corridor from beginning to end
- Based in the United States (West Coast, New York or Texas)
- 4-5 years of experience in high growth-environment such as startups, marketing, political campaigns
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Exceptional knowledge and networks in the Mexican and Latin American diaspora
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Strong business development/sales/marketing background is a strong plus
- Desired to be member of the Mexican diaspora with work authorization in the United States
Also you are
- Outgoing - you love speaking to people and enjoy building meaningful relationships with customers and community members across cultures
- Execution oriented - we have an “impact first” philosophy and a lot to be done. You should be able to take an idea to implementation
- Mission-Oriented - you are passionate about working with immigrant communities and/or financial inclusion
- Flexible - you are comfortable setting your working hours to accomplish your goals, including work commitments on nights and weekends (e.g events or customer meetings)
- Organized - you have a system for how you approach your work that can keep you on track in a scrappy startup environment
- Driven - you thrive in fast-paced, target oriented environments
Win with grit.
Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
Love the particular.
Create positive energy.
Maybe, even have fun.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Taptap Send is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment decisions are decided on the basis of qualifications, experience and business need. We strongly encourage applications who are members of underrepresented communities to apply.
If you require reasonable adjustments to be made during the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to let us know. Any information you provide us in this respect will only be used to accommodate your requirements.
Note: we recognize imposter syndrome is real - any candidate that does not perfectly fit every characteristic of this role is still strongly encouraged to apply.