Senior Applied Data Scientist
Spotter, named one of TIME100's Most Influential Companies this year, empowers top YouTube creators to accelerate their business and unleash their full creative potential by giving them access to the capital, knowledge, and community they need to succeed at scale. As the top provider of creator-friendly growth capital, Spotter tailors our investments to meet the unique needs of each creator we partner with, giving them the freedom to create without compromise.
Creators are free to reinvest their funds however they choose, from hiring a team, to building their own production studios, and everything in between, all while maintaining total control over their catalogs, their channels, and their future earnings. In addition to funding, Spotter provides creators with in-depth data insights into the performance of their existing content, enabling them to leverage the full value of their library, as well as the value of future uploads and how they can improve performance in the future.
Featured in Forbes, Fast Company, Variety, Axios, and more, Spotter has already deployed over $850 million to YouTube creators to reinvest in themselves and accelerate their growth. Spotter has licensed content that consists of over 725,000 videos, which generate 88 billion monthly watch-time minutes. With our curated premium video catalog, we deliver a unique scaled media solution to Advertisers and Ad Agencies that is transparent, efficient, and 100% brand safe.
What You’ll Do:
We are seeking an exceptional Senior Applied Data Scientist with an MSc or PhD in Data Science, Machine Learning, or a related field and a minimum of 5 years of industry experience. The ideal candidate will be deeply involved in the ideation, development, testing, and optimization of text based Large Language Models and Generative AI for images. This role requires a blend of research and practical application, with a focus on optimizing LLMs for speed and creativity and exploring current and emerging models in AI.
You’ll provide models for creative ideation pipelines and to help build best-in-class tools for the world’s top YouTube creators.
You’ll be part of a small but innovative and highly motivated R&D team that operates like a startup within a startup to deliver state of the art AI technology to our Creator Products team.
Who You Are:
- Lead projects involving Large Language Models and Generative AI for images.
- Innovate and contribute to the ideation of new models and applications.
- Optimize existing LLM frameworks for enhanced performance and speed.
- Develop advanced ensemble models using fine tuning and prompt engineering to improve performance and reliability
- Take a creative and strategic approach to solve hard problems. Simplify the complex. Bring in fresh ideas from new places.
- Continuously research and stay up-to-date with recent advancements in computer vision models, applying novel techniques and methodologies to improve our models.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate AI solutions into our products.
- Mentor junior team members and contribute to a culture of continuous learning.
- MSc or PhD in Data Science, Machine Learning, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience as a Data Scientist.
- Strong expertise in Large Language Models and Generative AI for images.
- Proven track record of innovative thinking and problem-solving in AI.
- Expert proficiency in Python and familiarity with Postgres databases.
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment.
- Familiar with Cloud Services including AWS.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and teamwork abilities.
- Highly curious and up-to-date with the latest AI technologies and trends.
- Extensive hands-on experience in training, fine-tuning, and optimizing machine learning models, particularly in the context of LLMs and Generative AI.
- Demonstrated ability to verify and evaluate model performance, ensuring accuracy, efficiency, and robustness.
- PhD is preferred
What We Offer:
- A vibrant and intellectually challenging environment
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- A collaborative team that values your input and ideas
- Challenging and rewarding research opportunities
- Medical and vision insurance covered up to 100%
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Complimentary gym access
- Autonomy and upward mobility
- Diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture, where your voice matters
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in Culver City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the current pay range is: $100-$500K salary per year. The range listed is just one component of Spotter’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include an annual discretionary bonus and equity.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Spotter requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment.
Spotter is an equal opportunity employer. Spotter does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, use of or request for family or medical leave, political affiliation, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations as part of the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.