Ad Sales Marketing Manager
Spotter, named one of TIME100's Most Influential Companies this year, empowers top YouTube creators to accelerate their business and unleash their full creative potential by giving them access to the capital, knowledge, and community they need to succeed at scale. As the top provider of creator-friendly growth capital, Spotter tailors our investments to meet the unique needs of each creator we partner with, giving them the freedom to create without compromise.
Creators are free to reinvest their funds however they choose, from hiring a team, to building their own production studios, and everything in between, all while maintaining total control over their catalogs, their channels, and their future earnings. In addition to funding, Spotter provides creators with in-depth data insights into the performance of their existing content, enabling them to leverage the full value of their library, as well as the value of future uploads and how they can improve performance in the future.
Featured in Forbes, Fast Company, Variety, Axios, and more, Spotter has already deployed over $850 million to YouTube creators to reinvest in themselves and accelerate their growth. Spotter has licensed content that consists of over 725,000 videos, which generate 88 billion monthly watch-time minutes. With our curated premium video catalog, we deliver a unique scaled media solution to Advertisers and Ad Agencies that is transparent, efficient, and 100% brand safe.
What You’ll Do:
Your responsibilities will be to partner on the development and execution of Spotter’s strategic position, external messaging and sales materials in service of driving revenue growth for and enhancing the industry-wide image of Spotter within the advertising and media investment marketplace. A successful candidate for this role will be a proactive critical thinker as well as an enthusiastic team player who communicates exceptionally in written and visual form.
- Work in collaboration with Ad Sales Marketing team to develop the go-to-market positioning and collateral for the Spotter portfolio
- Develop impactful sales materials, including general presentations, brand overviews, case studies, sizzles, etc. in close collaboration with marketing and ad sales teams
- Serve as key collaborator on trade marketing initiatives - executing annual strategies and tactics inclusive of national/regional event sponsorships, custom events, paid campaigns, social media promotion, special e-blasts, thought leadership initiatives and more…
- Develop messaging and work with the creative services/design team on the creation of trade creative such as signage, social media promotional graphics, e-blasts, display media, etc.
- Collaborate with cross-functional product, planning, and operations teams to ideate and position new ad products and packaging to drive revenue across Spotter’s portfolio of content.
- Support and help manage content strategy for Spotter advertising trade website
- Lead and facilitate the population and maintenance of the ad sales marketing materials hub within internal confluence/shared repository
- Manage relationships with vendors and partners (including contracts, invoicing, etc.)
Education & Experience/Certifications:
- 7+ years of related ad sales/trade marketing experience
- College degree in marketing, business administration or related field preferred
- Prior managerial experience ideal
Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Exceptional storytelling and communication/presentation skills (written, verbal and visual) with demonstrated ability to transform creative positioning narratives into compelling sales materials and collateral
- Cross-media fluency is a huge plus with a particular specialization in digital and social video
- Team player and effective collaborator who is willing to roll up their sleeves
- Proven ability to multitask and oversee multiple projects and priorities independently
- Detail-oriented, organized, creative problem solver
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) and Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets & Google Slides
- Ability to learn new proprietary software and processes quickly and proficiently
- Medical and vision insurance covered up to 100%
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Autonomy and upward mobility
- Diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture, where your voice matters.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in New York City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the current pay range is: $100-$500K salary per year. The range listed is just one component of Spotter’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include an annual discretionary bonus and equity.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Spotter requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment.
Spotter is an equal opportunity employer. Spotter does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, use of or request for family or medical leave, political affiliation, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations as part of the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.