Manager / Senior Manager, Analytics - Creator (Customer) Insights
Spotter, named one of TIME100's Most Influential Companies this year, empowers top YouTube creators to accelerate their business and unleash their full creative potential by giving them access to the capital, knowledge, and community they need to succeed at scale. As the top provider of creator-friendly growth capital, Spotter tailors our investments to meet the unique needs of each creator we partner with, giving them the freedom to create without compromise.
Creators are free to reinvest their funds however they choose, from hiring a team, to building their own production studios, and everything in between, all while maintaining total control over their catalogs, their channels, and their future earnings. In addition to funding, Spotter provides creators with in-depth data insights into the performance of their existing content, enabling them to leverage the full value of their library, as well as the value of future uploads and how they can improve performance in the future.
Featured in Forbes, Fast Company, Variety, Axios, and more, Spotter has already deployed over $850 million to YouTube creators to reinvest in themselves and accelerate their growth. Spotter has licensed content that consists of over 725,000 videos, which generate 88 billion monthly watch-time minutes. With our curated premium video catalog, we deliver a unique scaled media solution to Advertisers and Ad Agencies that is transparent, efficient, and 100% brand safe.
What You’ll Do
Spotter’s mission is to give creators access to knowledge and capital, so their creativity can change the world. The Manger / Senior Manager, Analytics - Creator (Customer) Insights is key to that mission. You and your colleagues in the Insights team will work closely with our Creator team to provide Spotter’s partner creators access to transformational knowledge. You will meet with the world’s top YouTube creators, both in-person and virtually, to understand their perspectives and develop actionable insights to help them continue to grow in their creator journey.
- Develop, automate, and scale analytics offerings that will drive creator value
- Tailor and package insights to the unique needs of Spotter’s partners and present them in a clear and concise manner
- In-depth analytical research and modeling about the fundamentals of YouTube including but not limited to transcripts, video breakdowns, audio, etc.,
- Conduct macro-analyses to identify and explain platform level trends that can impact channel performance
- Evaluate and adopt new and existing tools and delivery techniques to effectively communicate insights in the most creator-friendly way possible.
- Construct tests and learn plans that quantify the impact of recommended changes
- Support and train junior team members on tools and technical tasks to guide their learning while supporting the organizational analytics needs.
- Become a subject matter expert on all things related to creator performance, both at the individual and platform level, and share that knowledge across departments.
- Build partnerships across functions such as engineering, product, R&D, and community. Create and sustain a network of strong relationships.
Who You Are
- BS in a technical or math-oriented discipline
- 3 - 6 years of work experience in analytical/quantitative roles
- Strong communication and storytelling skills for external technical and non-technical audiences
- Expert level proficiency in Excel, particularly pivot tables, power pivots, data models
- Expert level proficiency using SQL and / or Python / R for ad-hoc analysis
- Strong level proficiency in PowerPoint and / or Google Slides
- Ability to troubleshoot data-related issues
Note: Due to the proliferation of similarly capable business products today, skills in equivalent products are acceptable
- Text mining and / or computer vision experience
- Management Consulting/Investment Banking backgrounds.
- Experience creating external-facing deliverables
- Knowledge of YouTube and / or the Creator Economy
- Experience with data visualization tools in any of the following:
- Power BI
- TIBCO Spotfire
- Deep empathy for and curiosity to understand and solve the unique challenges faced by YouTube creators
- Ability to understand and analyze data and communicate findings to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to break down complex questions
- High level of comfort with quantitative concepts
- Strong attention to detail
- Best-in-class analytical/critical/creative thinking skills.
- Ability to thrive in entrepreneurial environments with multiple projects and evolving priorities.
- Work independently/remotely with little oversight.
- Forge relationships at all levels of the company
- Medical and vision insurance covered up to 100%
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Complimentary gym access
- Autonomy and upward mobility
- Diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture, where your voice matters
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in Culver City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the current pay range is: $100-$500K salary per year. The range listed is just one component of Spotter’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include an annual discretionary bonus and equity.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Spotter requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment.
Spotter is an equal opportunity employer. Spotter does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, use of or request for family or medical leave, political affiliation, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations as part of the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.