Senior Director, Engineering
Spotter, named one of TIME100's Most Influential Companies this year, empowers top YouTube creators to accelerate their business and unleash their full creative potential by giving them access to the capital, knowledge, and community they need to succeed at scale. As the top provider of creator-friendly growth capital, Spotter tailors our investments to meet the unique needs of each creator we partner with, giving them the freedom to create without compromise.
Creators are free to reinvest their funds however they choose, from hiring a team, to building their own production studios, and everything in between, all while maintaining total control over their catalogs, their channels, and their future earnings. In addition to funding, Spotter provides creators with in-depth data insights into the performance of their existing content, enabling them to leverage the full value of their library, as well as the value of future uploads and how they can improve performance in the future.
Featured in Forbes, Fast Company, Variety, Axios, and more, Spotter has already deployed over $850 million to YouTube creators to reinvest in themselves and accelerate their growth. Spotter has licensed content that consists of over 725,000 videos, which generate 88 billion monthly watch-time minutes. With our curated premium video catalog, we deliver a unique scaled media solution to Advertisers and Ad Agencies that is transparent, efficient, and 100% brand safe.
What You’ll Do:
As the Senior Director of Engineering, you will be a key integrator, linking engineering efforts with cross functional business objectives. In this strategic role, you'll lead front and back end software engineering teams, ensuring alignment with numerous project goals and adherence to company standards. Your leadership will be pivotal in fostering a collaborative environment where different functional teams work together effectively.
- Recruit, Hire, Train and Lead a world class software development team
- Oversee the integration of software development with organizational objectives, emphasizing cross-functional collaboration.
- Ensure clarity and alignment among stakeholders, including requirements, deadlines, and standards.
- Lead in architectural, design, and data decision-making, promoting interdepartmental cooperation.
- Drive engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes that enhance team efficiency and cross-functional adaptability.
- Champion a culture of collaboration, encouraging interaction and idea exchange among various functional teams.
- 10+ years of technology and engineering experience with a proven track record of leading diverse multidisciplinary technical teams with emphasis on cross-functional leadership.
- Demonstrated ability in architecting scalable, high-availability cloud-based solutions (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc…) and building distributed large-scale systems
- Expertise in Serverless Architecture (AWS, Vercel or similar platforms)
- Strong understanding of DevOps principles including Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc…)
- Experienced in containerization such Docker or Kubernetes
- In depth knowledge and experience with relational and NoSQL databases and schema design
- Good understanding of Cloud networking (IAM, VPC, subnets, security, etc…)
- Medical and vision insurance covered up to 100%
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Complimentary gym access
- Autonomy and upward mobility
- Diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture, where your voice matters
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in Culver City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The overall market range for roles in this area of Spotter are typically: $100-$500K salary per year. The range listed is just one component of Spotter’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual discretionary bonus and equity.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Spotter requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment.
Spotter is an equal opportunity employer. Spotter does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, use of or request for family or medical leave, political affiliation, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations as part of the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.