Account Executive (Chicago)
Spotter, named one of TIME100's Most Influential Companies this year, empowers top YouTube creators to accelerate their business and unleash their full creative potential by giving them access to the capital, knowledge, and community they need to succeed at scale. As the top provider of creator-friendly growth capital, Spotter tailors our investments to meet the unique needs of each creator we partner with, giving them the freedom to create without compromise.
Creators are free to reinvest their funds however they choose, from hiring a team, to building their own production studios, and everything in between, all while maintaining total control over their catalogs, their channels, and their future earnings. In addition to funding, Spotter provides creators with in-depth data insights into the performance of their existing content, enabling them to leverage the full value of their library, as well as the value of future uploads and how they can improve performance in the future.
Featured in Forbes, Fast Company, Variety, Axios, and more, Spotter has already deployed over $850 million to YouTube creators to reinvest in themselves and accelerate their growth. Spotter has licensed content that consists of over 725,000 videos, which generate 88 billion monthly watch-time minutes. With our curated premium video catalog, we deliver a unique scaled media solution to Advertisers and Ad Agencies that is transparent, efficient, and 100% brand safe.
What You’ll Do:
In the Account Executive role, you will be a key player in helping to drive revenue growth and further establish Spotter's strong presence in market. This position offers an exciting opportunity for a results-driven individual with a passion for digital advertising sales and a strength in building strategic client relationships. New business development and growth are key areas of opportunity for this individual to learn and grow here at Spotter Sales.
- Partner and support Regional Sales Team: VP and Account Directors
- Work closely with Account Managers and Ad Operations teams on pre and post sales process
- Identify new revenue opportunities and strategic partnerships to expand market share and lead sources
- Participate in key client meetings, offsite industry events and tradeshows
- Act as the liaison between sales and sales support teams as well as client teams
- Review trades daily and capture industry and account-specific information to share both internally with team and externally with clients
- Support all aspects of the sales process, including:
- Meeting preparation and follow up
- Coordination of key business stakeholders
- RFP Process
- New Business Development with client direct and agency partners
- Discover, prospect and outreach for new business across advertisers and agencies. Follow up on leads with the opportunity to directly own certain client/agency relationships
- Establish sales initiatives that align Spotter with both market needs and financial targets
- Stay current with market trends and recommendations
- Develop and implement sales strategies to lead profitable revenue growth and gain market share
- Manage internal sales process and procedures; improve efficiencies and sales output
- Direct report into the Regional VP Sales
- Contribute to a positive culture of inclusion
- Business travel required
Who You Are:
- B.A. or B.S., preferably in Marketing, Advertising, or related field
- Minimum 3+ years of advertising sales support experience
- Experience in premium CTV, social, YouTube search and/or programmatic advertising with a strong understanding of new media technologies
- Knowledge of full-funnel marketing strategies, experience in Performance based advertising
- Proven success in prospecting, business development and sales support within new business categories and growth territories
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to sell value not just price
- Relationships at key HoldCo agencies and/or clients in your region
- Ability to multi-task and navigate large complex organizations
- Positive, detail oriented, self-starter
- Strong Powerpoint and Excel skills
- Collaborates well with others, team player
- Medical and vision insurance covered up to 100%
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Autonomy and upward mobility
- Diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture, where your voice matters
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in Chicago. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the current pay range is: $100-$200K salary per year. The range listed is just one component of Spotter’s total compensation package for employees.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Spotter requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment.
Spotter is an equal opportunity employer. Spotter does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, use of or request for family or medical leave, political affiliation, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations as part of the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.