Associate Director, Brand & PR
Spotter, named one of TIME100's Most Influential Companies this year, empowers top YouTube creators to accelerate their business and unleash their full creative potential by giving them access to the capital, knowledge, and community they need to succeed at scale. As the top provider of creator-friendly growth capital, Spotter tailors our investments to meet the unique needs of each creator we partner with, giving them the freedom to create without compromise.
Creators are free to reinvest their funds however they choose, from hiring a team, to building their own production studios, and everything in between, all while maintaining total control over their catalogs, their channels, and their future earnings. In addition to funding, Spotter provides creators with in-depth data insights into the performance of their existing content, enabling them to leverage the full value of their library, as well as the value of future uploads and how they can improve performance in the future.
Featured in Forbes, Fast Company, Variety, Axios, and more, Spotter has already deployed over $850 million to YouTube creators to reinvest in themselves and accelerate their growth. Spotter has licensed content that consists of over 725,000 videos, which generate 88 billion monthly watch-time minutes. With our curated premium video catalog, we deliver a unique scaled media solution to Advertisers and Ad Agencies that is transparent, efficient, and 100% brand safe.
What You’ll Do:
- Help define and articulate Spotter brand vision across best-in-class marketing experiences that bring joy to creators and partners. Create premium membership experiences for creators in every phase of their journey.
- Plan and execute brand, PR, and marketing initiatives with the goal of raising awareness, creating brand differentiation, and launching programs that help drive conversion and revenue.
- Review written and visual communications from multiple functional teams to ensure brand consistency at scale, including developing mechanisms such as brand office hours and peer-to-peer brand learning sessions.
- Develop and maintain a clear and organized brand calendar, inclusive of events, PR, culture moments, activations, and go-to-market initiatives.
- Be a strong cross-functional collaborator who will work across all divisions to meet individual department priorities and reach company goals.
- Work on brand content development team on ideation of content from pre-production through show and post-production.
- Create presentations, budgets, and internal written memos for marketing with a clear understanding of business and brand goals.
- Oversee brand budgets, including forecasting, budget management, vendor payments, tracking, and closeout.
- Build extensive relationships with creators, partner brands, and industry leaders to raise the bar on brand activations and partnerships.
- Clearly develop and track measurable brand goals. Lead consumer insights reporting on brand awareness, NPS, and key brand sentiment metrics.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 6-8+ years of experience in brand management and brand strategy.
- Experience managing creative agencies to deliver campaigns across events, PR, social, and media channels. Should have a clear understanding of different media formats and how marketing can best leverage them to meet goals.
- Excellent creative eye and copywriting skills, with a deep understanding of brand tone of voice, identity and positioning. Experience managing PR agencies and ideating media industry forward events.
- Proven history of championing a brand internally and with customers, developing brand love and stakeholder buy in.
- Experience in b2b brand marketing, with advertising clients and community management.
- Ability to communicate clearly while operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Extensive and proven experience in brand measurement and KPIs, including awareness and sentiment tracking.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, with strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Strong skills with Excel, PowerPoint, Google Sheets, Google Slides and other G Suite and Microsoft Office products
- Experience using project management tools and setting up scalable brand tracking systems.
- Experience working in the creator industry and/or with influencers is a plus.
- Self-motivated, strategic creative worker with a drive for excellence, always looking beyond the available options when up against roadblocks.
- A strong contributor in a high growth environment, no task is too big or too small.
- You are constantly thinking about iterating on our systems by asking "how can we do this better?”
- Medical and vision insurance covered up to 100%
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Complimentary gym access
- Autonomy and upward mobility
- Diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture, where your voice matters
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in Culver City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the current pay range is: $100-$500K salary per year. The range listed is just one component of Spotter’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include an annual discretionary bonus and equity.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Spotter requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment.
Spotter is an equal opportunity employer. Spotter does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, use of or request for family or medical leave, political affiliation, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations as part of the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.