Sr. QA Automation Engineer
Spotter, named one of TIME100's Most Influential Companies this year, empowers top YouTube creators to accelerate their business and unleash their full creative potential by giving them access to the capital, knowledge, and community they need to succeed at scale. As the top provider of creator-friendly growth capital, Spotter tailors our investments to meet the unique needs of each creator we partner with, giving them the freedom to create without compromise.
Creators are free to reinvest their funds however they choose, from hiring a team, to building their own production studios, and everything in between, all while maintaining total control over their catalogs, their channels, and their future earnings. In addition to funding, Spotter provides creators with in-depth data insights into the performance of their existing content, enabling them to leverage the full value of their library, as well as the value of future uploads and how they can improve performance in the future.
Featured in Forbes, Fast Company, Variety, Axios, and more, Spotter has already deployed over $850 million to YouTube creators to reinvest in themselves and accelerate their growth. Spotter has licensed content that consists of over 725,000 videos, which generate 88 billion monthly watch-time minutes. With our curated premium video catalog, we deliver a unique scaled media solution to Advertisers and Ad Agencies that is transparent, efficient, and 100% brand safe.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for a QA Automation Engineer to join our state-of-the-art Creator Products team. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the next generation of tools to help YouTube creators grow and optimize their businesses. You’ll work closely with our product, engineering, and design teams to test new products and features to ensure they are working as intended. You will be responsible for testing multiple, high velocity software development life cycle projects from beginning to end, including planning tests and writing test cases, and you’ll have the opportunity to impact and accelerate the workflows of some of the most successful creators in the world.
- Build test automation frameworks, write, design, and execute automated tests by creating scripts that run testing functions automatically
- Analyze bugs and errors found during tests; log them into Jira
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Maximize test coverage for the most critical features of the system
- Determine the priority for test scenarios and create execution plans to implement these scenarios
- Write documentation for automated processes including test plans, test procedures, and test cases in Notion
- Run performance tests and derive reports
- Experience working with automation testing platforms such as Playwright & Puppeteer, Selenium, Postman, Cypress etc.
- API testing tools that require strong coding skills to create tests: REST Assured, RestSharp, etc.
- Continuous Integration(CI/CD) tools - Github , ArgoCD, etc..
- Performance tests- AB, jMeter, Gatling
- JIRA – Defect tracking and task creation tool
Who You Are
- 5+ years QA Automation experience testing all layers of software applications, front-end, back-end (Node/NextJS) and integration testing
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience with SQL querying and other relational and non-relational databases
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, related experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong sense of customer empathy
Nice to Have
- Experience testing Large Language Models (LLMs)
- Passion for and prior experience working with creatives - writers, screenwriters, musicians, creators, etc.
- Medical insurance covered up to 100%
- Dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Complimentary gym access
- Autonomy and upward mobility
- Diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture, where your voice matters.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in Culver City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the current pay range is: $75-$500K salary per year. The range listed is just one component of Spotter’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include an annual discretionary bonus and equity.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Spotter requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment.
Spotter is an equal opportunity employer. Spotter does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, use of or request for family or medical leave, political affiliation, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations as part of the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.