Senior UI/UX Designer
Spotter, named one of TIME100's Most Influential Companies this year, empowers top YouTube creators to accelerate their business and unleash their full creative potential by giving them access to the capital, knowledge, and community they need to succeed at scale. As the top provider of creator-friendly growth capital, Spotter tailors our investments to meet the unique needs of each creator we partner with, giving them the freedom to create without compromise.
Creators are free to reinvest their funds however they choose, from hiring a team, to building their own production studios, and everything in between, all while maintaining total control over their catalogs, their channels, and their future earnings. In addition to funding, Spotter provides creators with in-depth data insights into the performance of their existing content, enabling them to leverage the full value of their library, as well as the value of future uploads and how they can improve performance in the future.
Featured in Forbes, Fast Company, Variety, Axios, and more, Spotter has already deployed over $850 million to YouTube creators to reinvest in themselves and accelerate their growth. Spotter has licensed content that consists of over 725,000 videos, which generate 88 billion monthly watch-time minutes. With our curated premium video catalog, we deliver a unique scaled media solution to Advertisers and Ad Agencies that is transparent, efficient, and 100% brand safe.
What You’ll Do:
In this role, the Senior UI/UX Designer will help shape the future of Spotter products. This is a modern Product Designer-type role will support projects across the entire product lifecycle, from early concepts, interactive flows through to release. You’ll utilize a full range of skills including direct customer research, flow diagrams, storyboards, sketches, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
- Collaborate with the Director of UI & Design to take important UX-heavy features from concept to completion.
- Close partnership with research, strategy, business, design & development teams to design next-generation UI/UX concepts and structures across our products.
- Collaborate the full user experience of our products from blue sky to UX specs, determine UX goals for new and evolving features.
- Incorporate UX research tools, data, personas, competitive analysis, and metrics to help shape the user experience.
- Create responsive UI/UX wireframes, high-fidelity designs, systems, and prototypes while iterating based on your research, team feedback, and user feedback, which you will directly participate in
- Be the advocate for UX best practices, and push to improve UX design workflow processes.
- Navigate a fast-paced Agile environment requiring both self-direction and team collaboration.
Who You Are:
- 6+ years of experience designing consumer-focused products with focus on UX.
- Self-motivated, exceptionally detail-oriented, you work collaboratively, you have a "get it done" attitude and a background of delivering superb work again and again.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong experience with current design tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision etc.), and eagerness to learn new ones.
- Confidence in generating ideas & concepts that combine creative and strategic considerations.
- Strong portfolio of work showcasing experience in user-centered design and interaction design.
- Medical and vision insurance covered up to 100%
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Autonomy and upward mobility
- Diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture, where your voice matters
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in Culver City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The overall market range for roles in this area of Spotter are typically: $100-$500K salary per year. The range listed is just one component of Spotter’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual discretionary bonus and equity.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Spotter requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment.
Spotter is an equal opportunity employer. Spotter does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, use of or request for family or medical leave, political affiliation, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations as part of the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.