Senior Full Stack Engineer (React / NextJS)
Spotter, named one of TIME100's Most Influential Companies this year, empowers top YouTube creators to accelerate their business and unleash their full creative potential by giving them access to the capital, knowledge, and community they need to succeed at scale. As the top provider of creator-friendly growth capital, Spotter tailors our investments to meet the unique needs of each creator we partner with, giving them the freedom to create without compromise.
Creators are free to reinvest their funds however they choose, from hiring a team, to building their own production studios, and everything in between, all while maintaining total control over their catalogs, their channels, and their future earnings. In addition to funding, Spotter provides creators with in-depth data insights into the performance of their existing content, enabling them to leverage the full value of their library, as well as the value of future uploads and how they can improve performance in the future.
Featured in Forbes, Fast Company, Variety, Axios, and more, Spotter has already deployed over $790 million to YouTube creators to reinvest in themselves and accelerate their growth. Spotter has licensed content that consists of over 725,000 videos, which generate 88 billion monthly watch-time minutes. With our curated premium video catalog, we deliver a unique scaled media solution to Advertisers and Ad Agencies that is transparent, efficient, and 100% brand safe.
What You’ll Do
Are you ready to become a pivotal member of Spotter's outstanding engineering team? We are actively seeking a talented Full Stack Engineer, specializing in React and NextJS, to join our dynamic organization. In this role, we are looking for someone who possesses a unique combination of expertise in modern frontend technologies and a strong foundation in backend development. A relentless commitment to customer obsession is a must.
- Build our web apps using React and NextJS, ensuring a responsive, performant, and an amazing user experience
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather and translate requirements into scalable and robust software solutions
- Build frontend/backend applications, APIs, RESTful services that integrate with relational and non-relational databases
- Implement and maintain state management solutions
- Ensure code quality, maintainability, and best practices through code reviews and mentorship
- Help develop and manage CI/CD pipelines for efficient deployments
- Uphold security best practices to protect sensitive user data and ensure platform integrity
- Stay updated on the latest frontend trends, tools, and best practices to ensure our platform remains cutting-edge
Skills and Qualifications
- Extensive hands-on experience with building application backends and frontends using React and NextJS
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs, GraphQL, and other web communication protocols
- Familiarity with containerization technologies like Docker
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, or similar
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with a focus on full-stack development
- Excellent communication skills, capable of collaborating effectively across multiple teams
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
To be considered for this role, please submit your resume along with any relevant certifications or project portfolios that demonstrate your expertise in full-stack development, NodeJS, React, and NextJS.
- Medical insurance covered up to 100%
- Dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Autonomy and upward mobility
- Diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture, where your voice matters
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in Culver City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the current pay range is: $100K-$500K salary per year. The range listed is just one component of Spotter’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include an annual discretionary bonus and equity.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Spotter requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment.
Spotter is an equal opportunity employer. Spotter does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, use of or request for family or medical leave, political affiliation, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations as part of the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.