Head of Spotter Studio, Product
Spotter, named one of TIME100's Most Influential Companies this year, empowers top YouTube creators to accelerate their business and unleash their full creative potential by giving them access to the capital, knowledge, and community they need to succeed at scale. As the top provider of creator-friendly growth capital, Spotter tailors our investments to meet the unique needs of each creator we partner with, giving them the freedom to create without compromise.
Creators are free to reinvest their funds however they choose, from hiring a team, to building their own production studios, and everything in between, all while maintaining total control over their catalogs, their channels, and their future earnings. In addition to funding, Spotter provides creators with in-depth data insights into the performance of their existing content, enabling them to leverage the full value of their library, as well as the value of future uploads and how they can improve performance in the future.
Featured in Forbes, Fast Company, Variety, Axios, and more, Spotter has already deployed over $740 million to YouTube creators to reinvest in themselves and accelerate their growth. Spotter has licensed content that consists of over 600,000 videos, which generate 88 billion monthly watch-time minutes. With our curated premium video catalog, we deliver a unique scaled media solution to Advertisers and Ad Agencies that is transparent, efficient, and 100% brand safe.
Spotter Studio is a group within our Creator Tools team that promotes mini-applications from our Labs into a robust creator workflow application designed to help our funded creators. These applications typically use, but are not limited to, Generative AI including LLMs and diffusion models.
What You’ll Do:
In this newly created position, we are looking to identify a Head of Spotter Studio to join our state-of-the-art Product Team. This individual will help us infuse AI into our next generation of creator tools and insights. This job will require an imaginative, fast-paced product leader who understands Product-Led Growth and can build out, optimize, and scale magical experiences for our funded creators.
This position is based in our Culver City HQ and reports into our EVP of Creator Products and Tools.
- Create and maintain a holistic product vision for Studio that integrates our Labs experiments, our corporate website, and our future digital growth marketing initiatives.
- Grow Spotter Studio, driving and owning the P&L.
- Tailor your intuition for what will make a scalable, powerful Studio application and successful product led growth initiatives by obsessing about the needs and current workflow of our creator customer, partnering deeply with the Labs team, and by rapidly learning about our industry, and our business.
- Work with our customers, executives, PMs, UX Researchers and Designers to develop and prioritize a backlog of jobs to be done and features for Studio.
- Partner with Growth Marketing to grow the Studio usage and user base; partner with Marketing, Community and Partnerships to incorporate various elements of the business into our corporate site, digital marketing efforts, and Studio offerings.
- This is a hands-on management job. You will have one or more PMs, but you will be able to do the PM jobs as well if needed, and in doing so be able to serve as a product leader and PM mentor.
- Interact directly with our creators! You will be obsessing about their success and outcomes using Spotter Studio.
- Stay up to date on advancements in Product Led Growth, UX, AI and LLM technology, applying relevant findings to your work.
Who You Are:
You will have a deep passion and background with proven success in creating scalable workflow applications with simple but powerful user experiences. You are passionate about Generative AI like GPT and Stable Diffusion, eagerly learning about every new discovery, and have a desire to work alongside the world’s most sophisticated and successful YouTubers (and their teams) to co-develop amazing software solutions together. You are well experienced in A/B testing, optimization and building solutions for attributing software outcomes.
- 5+ years work experience in Product Management, including scaling and growing new, successful SaaS applications or businesses from a small to very large user base using Product-Led Growth techniques.
- You are intensely curious about Generative AI, using them every day for work and fun, staying up to date on advances and changes — and you love it!
- You thrive in chaotic, fast-paced environments where problems and desired customer outcomes are defined, but solutions are not.
- You bring a founder’s mindset and creative hacker’s spirit, yet also excited to work at a larger company doing intrapreneurship.
- Although your job is not Growth Marketing, you know the basics of it and would enjoy doing the role in a pinch.
- You have a proven ability to lead a small team. You will have a few direct reports while leading PMs, leading cross-functional teams and working alongside other teams including Analytics, Product Engineering, Data Engineering, Community and Partnerships who work with our creators 1x1, and other Product groups.
- You make ambiguous problems clear and identify core principles that can translate across scenarios.
- Early hire or prior founder of a successful technology company.
- Passion for and prior experience working with creatives - writers, screenwriters, musicians, creators, etc.
- Computer science background.
- Medical and vision insurance covered up to 100%
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Complimentary gym access
- Autonomy and upward mobility
- Diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture, where your voice matters.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in Culver City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the current pay range is: $100-$500K salary per year. The range listed is just one component of Spotter’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include an annual discretionary bonus and equity.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Spotter requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment.
Spotter is an equal opportunity employer. Spotter does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics or information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, use of or request for family or medical leave, political affiliation, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodations as part of the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.