Front End Engineer
We’re on a mission to help people better access and afford care.
Every day, millions of people, and their loved ones, need to see a doctor. For most of us, that moment is an uncertain one - we’re unsure of what’s wrong, who to go to, how long it’ll take to be seen, when we’ll feel better, and what it’ll cost.
Paytient partners with thoughtful employers and health plans who understand the impact of that moment and want to ensure that every one of their plan members are easily able to access and afford care. Our clients understand that an improved ability to self-pay for care changes patient behavior and creates value for the health plan. This founding belief is becoming an emerging standard of care in health plan design and is now, in fact, a mandatory capability in some governmental health plans. Founded in 2018, Paytient is now part of nearly 2,000 employer health plans and providing certainty that people are better able to access and afford care.
About The Role:
Paytient is looking for a driven Front End Engineer motivated by solving big challenges and passionate about working closely with product managers, designers, and other engineers to build elegant software. If you want to make a difference in the lives of our customers and are excited about working at a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech startup focused on enabling better access to healthcare, come join our team!
In this role, you will primarily work on the Paytient mobile application, written in React Native and TypeScript, and available for iOS, Android, and web. You will also work on a consumer-facing web application written with React and Redux. Greenfield front-end projects may include new applications that support partners, employers, and internal users. You will be responsible for the full software development lifecycle including managing infrastructure-as-code using Terraform, creating CI integrations and processes using CircleCI, and deploying the applications to production.
Our “remote with roots” model allows us to work where we thrive and gather as needed, often in our home office in Columbia, Missouri. This role can be performed from anywhere in the continental U.S., with the exception of Montana.
What You'll Do:
- You will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to build new features that solve real problems for our customers.
- You will "run what you build" by participating in deployments, on-call, and support responsibilities.
- You will own the design of scalable, testable, performant, and secure software applications that have a meaningful impact on our business.
- You will mentor less experienced engineers to help build a strong Engineering organization.
What You'll Bring:
- You've been involved in the entire Product SDLC for 3+ years.
- You’ve had professional experience as a React Native engineer for 2+ years.
- You are an expert in taking a design from Figma/Sketch/similar and turning it into a fantastic user experience driven by TypeScript, React, and Redux.
- You are experienced with unit, integration, and/or E2E testing for React.
- You are experienced in consuming APIs and integrating third-party services into front-end experiences.
- Preferred: You have domain knowledge/or interest in financial or healthcare technologyPermanent US work authorization is required.
Benefits We Offer:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- $4,150 annual HSA contribution
- Paytient Health Payment Account (HPA)
- Monthly lifestyle spending stipend
- 33 days of annual PTO
- 401k plan access with a 4% employer match
- 16 weeks of fully-paid parental leave
- Stock options in Paytient
- ...and more!
Paytient is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.