Back End Engineer
We’re on a mission to help people better access and afford care.
Every day, millions of people, and their loved ones, need to see a doctor. For most of us, that moment is an uncertain one - we’re unsure of what’s wrong, who to go to, how long it’ll take to be seen, when we’ll feel better, and what it’ll cost.
Paytient partners with thoughtful employers and health plans who understand the impact of that moment and want to ensure that every one of their plan members are easily able to access and afford care. Our clients understand that an improved ability to self-pay for care changes patient behavior and creates value for the health plan. This founding belief is becoming an emerging standard of care in health plan design and is now, in fact, a mandatory capability in some governmental health plans. Founded in 2018, Paytient is now part of nearly 2,000 employer health plans and providing certainty that people are better able to access and afford care.
About The Role:
Paytient is looking for a Backend Software Engineer that is motivated by solving big challenges and is passionate about working closely with product managers, designers, and other engineers to build elegant software. If you want to make a difference in the lives of our customers and are excited about working at a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech startup focused on enabled better access to healthcare, come join our team!
Our “remote with roots” model allows us to work where we thrive and gather as needed, often in our home office in Columbia, Missouri. This role can be performed from anywhere in the continental U.S., with the exception of Montana.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to build new features that solve real problems for our customers
- "Run what you build" by participating in deployments, on-call, and support responsibilities
- Build scalable, testable, performant, and secure software applications that have a meaningful impact on our business
- Learn from others, share your own knowledge, and actively grow your career
What You'll Bring:
- Involvement in the entire Product SDLC for 2-4 years
- Experience with Java or other OOP languages
- Experience building microservices, SOA, or distributed systems (especially on a public Cloud like AWS)
- Previous participation in technical discussions about architecture or system design
Benefits We Offer:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- $4,150 annual HSA contribution
- Paytient Health Payment Account (HPA)
- Monthly lifestyle spending stipend
- 33 days of annual PTO
- 401k plan access with a 4% employer match
- 16 weeks of fully-paid parental leave
- Stock options in Paytient
- ...and more!
Paytient is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.