Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
We’re on a mission to help people better access and afford care.
Most Americans have health insurance today, but increasingly high deductibles mean far too many Americans face the painful choice between physical and financial health if they get sick or injured. We partner with thoughtful employers, payers, and local health systems to turn patients into Paytients — people empowered to care for their families. Paytient offers a card that is not a loan or another Buy Now Pay Later option. It’s a sponsored, interest-free line of credit that we call a Health Payment Account (HPA). It works alongside HDHPs, HSAs, FSAs, HRAs, and other health benefits to make it easier to pay for care.
We’re a 75-person team of world-class technologists, healthcare experts, and benefits leaders. As we grow, we’re looking for passionate, collaborative builders to join our team and help us further our mission. Our “remote with roots” model allows us to work where we thrive and gather as needed, often in our home office in Columbia, Missouri.
About The Role:
Paytient is looking for a Product Manager who is passionate about the power of Paytient's platform and mission to help remove cost as a barrier to care.
You are an organized self-starter that can deal with ambiguity and are always on the lookout for ways to improve the customer experience. You are proactive, process and detail-oriented, and a self-starter who can handle multiple projects and thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment. You have managed the product design and development process to ensure that the needs of customers are met. You are a problem-solver and collaborator that can navigate ambiguity and move from concept to execution with confidence. You can determine the right product features with minimal direction, manage backlog items, work with cross-functional scrum teams, and effectively communicate with stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction. You are an excellent data-driven storyteller and capable of presenting–and defending–your ideas to product owners, designers, engineers, and senior leaders.
The role reports to our VP of Product, and you can work from our Columbia, MO office, or anywhere within the continental U.S.
What You'll Do:
- Manage the product design and development process including backlog management, prioritization and execution
- Work with stakeholders to define and align on business requirements
- Translate high level requirements into products and product features
- Break products and product features into user stories
- Create Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to define and align on goals, outcomes, requirements and timelines
- Create the product backlog including design and development tasks, bugs and enhancements by using common backlog management tools such as JIRA
- Communicate customer problems, user stories and roadmap priorities to design and engineering teams
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with design, engineering, customer success and sales teams
- Ensure business requirements, roadmaps, tasks and priorities are feasible
- Oversee all stages of product creation including design and development
- Monitor and evaluate product progress at each stage of the SDLC process
- Ensure successful delivery of initiatives listed in the product roadmap including meeting key milestones
- Conduct user research to inform product requirements, design, strategy and direction
- Leverage data and use market-leading product analytics solutions to make data-informed product decisions
- Facilitate agile meetings including planning, estimation, retrospectives and daily standup
- Test and validate user stories via APIs and user interfaces
- Deliver innovative, human-centered, and industry-leading products that make an impact in the world
What You'll Bring:
- At least 3 years of agile product experience including Kanban and Scrum methodologies
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- High degree of organization, initiative and personal accountability
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Strong presentation and writing skills
- Experience developing product roadmaps and release plans
- Ability to prioritize effectively and make tradeoffs
- Proficiency in the use of product analytics tools
- Knowledge and experience with human-centered design principles
- Balance of technical knowledge, user centricity and business acumen
Compensation and Benefits:
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Paytient Health Payment Account (HPA)
• Monthly lifestyle spending stipend
• 33 days of annual PTO
• 401k plan access with a 4% employer match
• 16 weeks of fully-paid parental leave
• Stock options in Paytient
• ...and more!
Paytient is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please note: We are currently unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas.