Project Manager, Renovations
Freemodel is a presale home renovation company that helps sellers get their homes to market quicker and sold for more. We are a Series A startup with combined leadership experience from well known fintech and proptech companies such as Zillow, Made, and LendingHome.
With Freemodel, homeowners don’t pay until the home sells, and the work we do will give them the best chance to maximize their profit with quality improvements. All work completed by Freemodel is done by project management professionals with remodeling expertise and local market knowledge.
Our team of Project Directors who chose to partner with us come from a variety of backgrounds, but what they all have in common is their ability to deliver quality completed renovation projects on time and on budget.
What’s in it for you?
- Project Directors powered by Freemodel gain access to our network of 80+ brokerage partners across California, Texas, and Florida that turn to Freemodel as their preferred presale renovation partner.
- We set the stage for Project Directors to develop business relationships with real estate agents, build a book of trusted subs and vendors, and the ability to accept the number of projects that will work best for you!
- Freemodel is a licensed and insured General Contractor in all states we operate in, so you will be able to hire your own subcontractors and oversee your work directly. Subcontractors are vetted and paid by Freemodel and managed by you.
- We enable Project Directors with partnerships, marketing, and sales support. Our local Partnership team is responsible for brokerage outreach to get agents excited about partnering with Freemodel, our in-house marketing team builds awareness and reaches out directly to individual agents, and our sales team prequalifies inbound leads.
- Freemodel also has an in-house Design team that can support Project Directors with complex design needs, materials specification, and architectural drawings, if needed. Design services with our in-house team are offered at a low cost and help provide a great experience for the homeowner and real estate agent!
Here’s what we are looking for:
- Experience in construction, especially residential renovations, and contractor and vendor management.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work with real estate agents, homeowners, and subcontractors at every stage of the project.
- Project management experience with the ability to execute projects from initial planning, scope of work, architecture and design, permitting, labor, materials procurement, and punch list, to the final walk through.
- Proficiency in project management/productivity software, preferably including Google Workspace and Apple products.
You resonate with:
- You are professional and a self-starter who thrives on being able to command and control your schedule.
- Coordinating concurrent and contingent tasks one after another to get a task done in a timely manner and within budget is your superpower.
- You have lots of industry experience and plenty of professional options; you want a business partner so you aren’t going it alone.
- You want autonomy to manage your projects, and yet you want support with deal flow, back-office tasks, and financing.
- You enjoy the challenge of putting the pieces of a renovation puzzle together to reach the final goal.
- Part of your DNA as a project manager is your innate drive to work hard and complete the tasks you are responsible for with the end goal of having satisfied customers.
- You want opportunities for community with other renovators.
- You are the sort of professional who builds lasting rapport and you do repeat business with your customers.
Why it's great to be a Freemodeler:
- Use our software to manage your project expenses with ease.
- Expand your portfolio with Freemodel projects. Our marketing team creates compelling, portfolio-worthy case studies from the projects you complete. Take advantage of PR opportunities and social media spotlights to market your skills and benefit your business.
- Make your services accessible to more sellers: our process includes invoice or deferred payment (homeowners can pay out of escrow when the home sells) and no minimum income requirement to be approved.
- Freemodel prequalifies projects so you don't have to, supports your deal flow, and provides a back-office and financing.
- You determine how many projects you carry with Freemodel and the coverage area that you will service with us.
- Project Directors powered by Freemodel have the option to work with the Freemodel-vetted network of licensed, insured subcontractors -- or we can vet your preferred licensed, insured subcontractors.