Senior iOS Software Engineer
Freemodel is seeking an experienced iOS Engineer for our home renovation marketplace. You will be responsible for hands-on development of robust Apps using Swift & SwiftUI.
You will work closely with the co-founders, tech lead and lead product designer to deliver code across the App and develop user-facing features, ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and optimize for speed and scalability. Every day you will solve exciting technical problems. We are looking for someone with senior level iOS expertise who is passionate about the user experience, and comfortable developing and maintaining high-performance applications with modern software development best practices.
As an iOS developer on the team, you’ll be responsible for translating user needs and business goals into a seamless user experience.Your day-to-day will involve:
- Working across the full stack of the iOS app
- Collaborating with engineers and designers on product roadmap and architecture development plans
- Building an application that enables users to handle functions in a simple, elegant, and beautiful interface
- Addressing escalations and important bugs
- Interviewing and selecting strong candidates to join our team
- Actively contributing to a culture of extreme ownership, constant improvement, and engineering excellence
What you will bring:
- The ability to develop and execute a technical vision with a focus on customer and business value
- Production-level coding experience with Swift and SwiftUI
- Experience building applications optimized for speed and scalability, without sacrificing usability
- Experience across the full iOS Stack, including UI, data persistence, and networking
- A passion for writing high quality, well-tested code (including experience with automated testing frameworks)
- Deep experience collaborating closely with UX and backend devs on feature definition and implementation
- Comfort with agile methodologies, test-driven development, source control management, and automated testing
- Ability to actively participate in technical design and code reviews
- A deep appreciation for the elegance of simplicity
- Experience refactoring and optimizing existing software as part of your development lifecycle
- Familiarity with Core Data and Objective C is a plus
- 5+ years of experience as an iOS software engineer
- Experience developing with accessibility, usability, information architecture, and interaction design principles in mind
- Knowledgeable in software architecture design, coding and debugging
- Passion for quality and attention to detail
- Ability to independently learn new technologies
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to full time employees including:
- 11 holidays
- Unlimited PTO
- Equity options
- We also offer compelling healthcare benefits
- 401(k) plan with match.
- Hybrid work environment
We are a fast-paced, dynamic startup AND we encourage everyone to take the needed time to recharge.
Freemodel deeply values diversity, equity and inclusion. We believe strongly that a variety of perspectives will strengthen us, our product, and our business. We’re committed to seeking out the best talent from all walks of life.
We believe that work shouldn't be everything, but if we’re going to put this much effort into doing what we do, the mission should matter, we should enjoy who we’re with, and we should be in an environment where we’re always learning. We hope you’ll join us.
Who we are
Freemodel is a comprehensive pre-sales home renovation service that helps homeowners sell for more by renovating before they sell. We design, manage, and pay for pre-sales remodels, and homeowners pay us out of escrow when their homes sell.
Freemodel empowers a growing community of renovation entrepreneurs — folks with interior design and construction project management backgrounds — to build their home renovation businesses on our platform.
Our platform streamlines renovation projects by automating project estimating and scoping, contractor bidding and payments, project underwriting and contracts, and homeowner and agent communications.
Join us as we change how the 5.7 million homes in the US are sold annually, and build the platform that will redefine how the $1.4 trillion dollar home renovation industry works!